Rawson Resale......

I've noticed that no one holds onto a Rawson amp for very long. Everyone raves but can't wait to unload it...now that doesn't make sense. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?
wwoof01
Rawson resale must be pretty good. While I don't know what others have paid, it appears people are asking more for the amps than what they bought them for. Sort of goes against what Tim is trying to do.
Maybe he should open up a dealer network if there is going to be a mark-up.
I believe Tim just loves to build amps all shapes and sizes, he sells them to help fund the next project or two. I just missed out buying one of his small gainclones, they don't last long on the open market. Shame for the ones who try to resale for a profit. I think it goes against the spirit of these type of projects.

I must admit a lot them only a mother could love when looking at it but they give you the chance to acquire such a amp. And yes, just like the previous post a lot of times you step up for a better finish or more refined big sister.

I think as well, like in my case these amps are purchased for a second system to try out and play with, those tend to come and go much quicker than your main staple rig.

I recently seen some nicely finished ones, a far cry from some of the old ugly ducklings of the past; they still reportedly sound very good and isn't that what it's really about?
I've only had my Rawson built LM 3886 gainclone for a couple of weeks now, but it's the best amplifier sonically that I've ever owned. Spacial clarity like I'd never heard, gorgeous midrange and great lows and highs. It's a good synergistic match in my little system. The diy case is not very attractive but it serves the purpose. Most Rawson built amps are more function over form which is probably why they are reasonably priced. I don't have any plans to sell mine. I'm the second and last owner.
I have two T. Rawson mono block F5/Pass Aleph clones. It is based on the F5, but has the same input network of newer aleph30/60 rather than older 3/5/2 one... early aleph's had 10k, use the revised version where 47k input impedence. I have replaced a Bryston 4B ST as well as a ML 331. I am using Nordost RCA to connect and Dh Labs speaker wire. The feed a set of ACI Sapphire III in biwire format along with a dual set of ACI Titan II LE's. My sound stage had truly be opened and made more 3D. My low end in the speakers is still there and well controled. I can not speak more highly of T.R. as audiophile with a great desire to do DIY some well deserved justice. I will continue to use his products and if he made a multi channel chip (with enough power) would pick that up too. Thanks Tim for all your hard work and desire to make things move forward.
I have a Rawson gainclone and an F1 clone and they are worth more to me than their respective re-sale values. It is very disappointing that he has retired from the building. I very much hoped to have him build me an F3 before the opportunity was lost.

He was beyond an asset to the audiophile community, bringing DIY pricing to the ham-fisted audiophiles with limited budgets.

It really is too bad he was under constant attack as his efforts were hardly commercial. He really wasn't charging much more than beer money for his time... I imagine amp building for him was like knitting for my wife.