Rawson Resale......

I've noticed that no one holds onto a Rawson amp for very long. Everyone raves but can't wait to unload it...now that doesn't make sense. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?
wwoof01
Wwoof01,
Have you noticed how many Benchmark1 DACs come up for sale on Audiogon? Must be a really crappy product eh?
Many would beg to disagree. Circulation doesn't automatically mean something bad. Note above that many tend to move up the ladder, and the Rawson's amps are quite in the entry level price tag....
I've owned a Rawson amp before and thought it sounded spectacular for the price, very nice midrange. I sold mine for a stupid reason which had nothing to do with its sonics. I couldn't get past its rough looking cosmetics, I feel ashamed.
Couple reasons i suppose... Often people able to recoup what they spent or more. In this hobby change inevitable, no matter how good something may be.
Also, seems about 50% of the things I make go to repeat customers so they might have more than one thing i made and unload the other.

I only dabbled with class D, via Hypex products, for little bit. Cost materials high then like pulling teeth to get above that - not spending 500-550 to beg for 600, just too much liability since there are some gotcha's on them.

Do not have a website... fly just over the trees. Lot of stuff built not my own ingenuity so not out to make notable money on it. Consider it more build for others. In some ways, feel like a non-profit where just administrative overhead as truly better ways for me to make money if that were my motive. If made into business would not be able to make stuff reasonably.
Rawsonte, do you think you could come up with a reasonably priced Altmann BYOB?

It sound intriguing as maybe not so thin as your typical LM3875 gainclone.

Do you do ever make remote volume controls?

Thanks
In this hobby people sell their gear frequently, for various reasons. Simply look at some of the mega gear being sold all the time. People get an itch, they upgrade, get excited for something new or get tired of something old (or new) - upgrade again. Whats so cool about messing around with affordable diy gear is it allows you to check out new stuff a little more often without losing your rear. I have a Rawson amp that is awesome but someday I will undoubtably want to check something else out.