Raven Audio Nighthawk

So the scuttlbutt on the Raven integrated amps is pretty good. But just how good are they? Are they good when compared to other comparably priced tube integrateds? Or are they better than some heavy hitters?

I currently have a NOSvalves ST-45 amp paired with a Don Sachs Model 2 (latest version) preamp and I am extremely happy with this pairing. With that said, I guess there is nothing really that I'm looking to improve. But since we all know how this game goes, I just wonder how much better (or not) the Blackhawk III would be. Consolidating two pieces down to one chasis is an attractive idea too.

I would love to hear from you if you own a Nighthawk or Blackhawk or have auditioned one against something else. I know they offer a 45 day trial period, but from my calculations if I don't like it it will cost me close to 400.00 out of pocket once the dust settles. So I'd like to go into this with a warm fuzzy that it's pretty darn good.

Oz

128x128ozzy62

Showing 16 responses by chicagoblue1977

James and Bryant will take care of you.

Call Bryant and tell him what is going on. James, Dave and Bryant are all owners and they are good folks. 
I only have their cables but have talked and visited with them.
And there you have it, I was wondering how long it would be before Dave or James responded.
They usually respond to customer issues quickly. Just to bad it had to be aired out here.
Cheers.

@ozzy62  We could tell your motives were good. Let us know the direction you go. 
Like my dad said you can’t hit a home run with every at bat. 
I think this thread has run it's course. @watersidedave I see your point.

Moderator should kill it.

Some Ax grinding going on here.
Funny I know where it is and have a Niece that lives there.
It is bigger than the township I was raised in, in Michigan.
but then again, they are in texas... maybe slower there than other places for the pandemic to get under control)

Wonder what that has to do with Texas?

Last I checked Texas was open for business like Florida, would think it would be a bigger issue if you are in NY, CA, NJ, MI, IL, they are all still locked down.

Strange comment.

my specific comment about texas relating to raven (and not member 'skypunk' and his attempts to sell his used raven amp) is only to say that while texas, like michigan and florida are indeed open for business, their state govermments have made choices that have allowed covid cases to rebound now that new more infectious variants abound, and these are outracing the vaccinations occurring... the implication being that businesses like raven may be 'open' but they are limping badly compared to normal times due to the worsening covid situations in their state

of course i don't know the specifics but that is assertion/supposition i made in my post below

@jjss49 point taken on the impact of COVID on all business across the globe.
BTW Michigan is closed again. It's a real mess there.

I have some family in Austin as well as Dallas and new COVID cases are down and deaths are down state wide. Guess masks and vaccinations are working for now. So I am not sure where you are getting your information on COVID in TX.

Oh and that Raven sold on US Audiomart.

Cheers.

I think that a lot of folks have lost sight of is, countries do not make products, people do. 
Also even though the product is made offshore and the companies offices are domestic, the products are sold and serviced by your local retailer that is employing local folks.

I deal with these COO issues with narrow minded clients everyday in my industry. 

@jjss49 only took that long to see who the Posers and the Hosers are here.

Try and keep it classy keyboard commando.
@tablejockey 

Thought Icon was made in the UK.

Not that it really matters all these companies, with very few exceptions have offshore content. That is the major issue in the supply chain. Though if you are only buying boards and resistors and capacitors from abroad they can easily go air. Finished product such as speakers and components would be very costly to send by air and would be on water. Ocean freight is a mess with capacity maxed out and ports operating at minimum capacity. Also depends if your product is deemed essential by the 🤡🚗 posse in the capitol.