"sandwich" platform for amps

I want ot build a "sandwich" platform for my monoblock amps. I undrstand a "sandwich" approach is best, that is, maybe 3" of acoustic foam layered between either mdf or maple wood shelves. Where dos one buy acoustic foam, and what kind is best; I know it must be very dense. Thanks, larry
larryr
You should also consider using Vibrapods as the interior isolator. They're cheap and when used in multiples can support heavy weight loads.
Hey Larryr, I use two 14" blocks of heavy ceramic tile to sandwich some Vibrapods. The lower shelf is bolted to the too shallow wooden shelf of a floor to ceiling bookshelf I am forced to use.

Also, check the Mapleshade website. The have a foam and it is probably the kind of thing you are looking for. Good luck, Charlie
I used mdf and screwed through it 8 3" brass screws using the tips of the screws as "spikes" then placed a litely inflated 12" intertube with another piece of mdf, sand bags, my dvd player and more sand on top. Works well and can be made for $20 from supplies ate home depot
I used Dynamat sandwiched between 3/4" MDF. Dynamat is a vibration damping material sold at auto sound places (Circuit City, etc.). It has adhesive on one side and I used spray adhesive on the other to bond to the second sheet of MDF
What a monumental waste of time.
Vvvvvibration is not your enemy.
The whole world resonates ates ates ates...
Ever see live music on a stage.It rocks.
If you want a project get a roll of 1/4 inch acoustic lead soundproofing and sandwich it with mdf or oiled teak wood if you want. If you hear a sonic improvement you are like me,full of shit and a stupidaso. Enjoy the Hobby, I am getting ready to clean all my connections, even those I don't use.