Quicksilver amp owners

Hello
Would/can anyone here describe the "Quicksilver" sound so to speak.
No dealers in my area.
Thanks
mcgarick
I've owned the 8417s and the V4s. They were mighty fine amps. One thing you will notice that is that many QS owners seem to be pretty loyal to the brand, among other reasons they tend not to breakdown.
Update

I really like Quicksilver mid monos a lot. Careful matching is required with these though.

They are not the type of gear to hook up to any ol equipment and hastily judge.

The Quickies need the right partners,more so than most any other amps I've owned.

I'm only just learning about tube amps and their considerations,about a year into it.

These amps are fool friendly in that bias is a no brain-er.(Whew!!)

I'm trying preamps with them now,I own an Accuphase c-200 solid state pre,hooked it up and the sound was awful,that was hard to believe since both are great pieces,synergy rules in high end.

Then,I used my Minimax tube preamp and then thing got really good,but the bass is a little subdued with these large bookshelf speakers I use,but I run a sub anyway.

I would like the mid bass to have a little more attack. Attack is there don't get me wrong.The system did have more, with some different speaker I used,some large vintage Marantz HD770's,The Quicks hated the Dynaudios I have.

I'm spoiled with the memory of the King Kong on steroid attack of the Accuphase P-300 SS amp I own, It's left a scar on my memory. So I have to be realistic...

I'm in the middle of a Quicksilver line stage purchase,I'm counting on their good rep and synergy to rule,BUT I might find the EE minimax to be better,so it's a gamble. I don't want to get rid of my speaker (Speakerlab Das 3's circa 199? ) there is no specs for the Speakerlabs, I should get them measured,so I know what I'm dealing with,they're like a B&W 602 s3, but better.
I might even get rid of my pet speakers for the Quickies sake,which would be a big deal to me. But well see....

The highs are the smoothest I have heard,but the detail is there right along with the smoothness,very seductive. Great texture! I would say they are detailed/smooth and musical amps,that need to be partnered just so. Once this happens I sure I will be rewarded well for my patients and efforts.

My power tubes are newer EH Fat Bottles,I pretty much go EH all the way as they really seem to open the sound up,great tubes.

Anyway,lots more could be said.I'll report more later.

maybe I need to get some Horns....?

Happy Easter!
mid monos quicksilvers ,what cabling is the best to put them together with triangle antal?
i just bought a pair of mid monos. according to mike sanders, they work well with electrostatics. regarding cap changes, why not use an oil filled caps ?

i also received advice about substituting gold lion kt 88 in lieu of el 34s. has anyone used kt 88 with that amp ?
I have a quad of Gold Lion KT88 re-issue. I did not like them in a KT-88 power amp I own.I'm going to roll them in the mid monos and I'll repert back. These amps take all kinds of power tubes, I'm using the the EH fat bottles now and they are wonderful.