Quick silver M100 best tubes

HI, own a Quick silver M100, my first tube amps,time to roll some tubes,no experience whatsoever with tube brands so would like some info about best sounding tubes for this amps.

thanks,
regards:
juancgenao

Showing 1 response by jallen

I have the Silver monos, output is over 112wpc from 2 output tubes. Sonically I like the JJ KT88's. There has been some concern with others about reliability so this may be an issue. You can't go wrong with Winged "c" Russian tubes. I tried them and they were good, but I still liked the JJ. I also heard the Genalex KT88, not very musical for me. A bit mechanical sounding. The Sovtek KT88 was good, good power, but a little soft in the bass. The Chinese tubes from Quicksilver are said to be good, but I haven't heard them with my amps. They were good in a friends amp though. The JJ's have been good to me, but others haven't been so lucky. Try the Winged C, Ram KT88's, or Quicksilvers tubes, those are your most sure bets. I also tried the KT90's. If you like sibilance, these are for you. I used the Ei KT90, and the SSSSSSSS were so painful......a saliva serving with every sss note.
Look elsewhere....I use them in the bass in a Magnepan 3.6 biamped system with a total of 4 of them. Jallen