question for Luxman L-590AX owners

I own the subject amp, have had it for 3-4 years. I recently noticed a low hum or buzz coming from the amp itself (not the speakers), and would swear that it has been dead quiet up until now. You have to have your head right down beside it to hear it. I'd like to hear what other owners have to say. Are your amps completely quiet? Seems like I may have developed an issue. Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas.
builder3

Showing 4 responses by jjss49

i don't own the luxman unit but have had this problem

hum can be caused by low line voltage, among other things, so it can come and go...
My dealer and Luxman said that. My dealer emailed them and the chief engineer said because they are class A they buzz when in idle.

seriously? omg you have got to be kidding me

maybe they need to hire nelson pass on a contract engineering assignment LOL
@builder3 

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, jjss49.

i don't know what to say really...  saying class a amplification is an unavoidable factor in creating transformer hum is a new one to me, and i think it is a pitiful and lame excuse - i have had class a amps from pass and others they do not hum - and it has been a few years since i have had a luxman amp in house

hum can be caused by low line voltage as others have mentioned... maybe check your line voltage?  

otherwise, if you can try to see if the retaining bolt(s) to the major transformers in the unit are as tight as possible... sometimes with age, transport, movement, they can loosen...

good luck