Quatre dg-250 amplifier

Hi All,

I recently acquired the above amplifier and have found very limited info on it on the web. I have not hooked it up as of yet. I wanted to have it looked over first. Any suggestions on where to take it? I'm in S. Riverside County (Temecula) and work in San Diego County.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on them. I understand the first models were unstable and were suceptible to "blowing up" (not too sure about that) If anyone can enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
pukaboy
You want to talk with Chris Donnelly of Sundisk Studios in Flagstaff AZ. He knows about these amps - and yes, some of them did "blow up". I have the Quatre preamp, which is very good.
Thanks Peter! You wouldn't happen to have any contact info would you? Didn't find much on the web...
The early gain cells were best with 8 ohm speakers in terms of stability. If one blows up you may have hard time sourcing transistors. Check this link:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-4255.html
I had a Quatre Gain Cell amp. In the early 80's I thought this amp was very special. I gave it away to someone who thought he could fix it. Probably still trying to figure it out. Tom