Quatre dg-250 amplifier

Hi All,

I recently acquired the above amplifier and have found very limited info on it on the web. I have not hooked it up as of yet. I wanted to have it looked over first. Any suggestions on where to take it? I'm in S. Riverside County (Temecula) and work in San Diego County.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on them. I understand the first models were unstable and were suceptible to "blowing up" (not too sure about that) If anyone can enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
pukaboy
In SD?
Try Stereo Design off of Clairmont Mesa, near where it crosses the 805.

http://stereodesign.com/

Been there 20+ years and have a huge operation.
I used to work at Quatre when they were on Remmet in Chatsworth (or was that Canoga Park?)   The heavy-set guy's name was Guy Hickey. 

If you were running a 8 ohm load the amps were fine.   6 okay.   But if dipped below 4 ohms - I wouldn't use it. 

That said, they had a great sound. The bass was nothing less than awesome - still is.  I'm not sure if you could buy a better bass amp for any money now - but then I've never done a comparison test with anything modern.  I do remember the Dahlquists were a little bass-shy - but the Gain Cell made  world of different.  I was their sales and marketing guy and I advertised the amp as being a better solution than buying the Dahlquist sub.   And it did sound better.   TIGHT. EXCITING BASS.  The Dahlquist sub was kinda tubby-sounding.   I remember someone brought in a pair of AR3a's.   A vintage, but respected speaker at the time.  The bass on the gain cell blew away the owner (and everyone in the shop - I remember getting everyone in the back - the factor - to come and listen. It was a real "wow" moment.)   Sealed cabinet speakers just went crazy for this amp.   But when they went, they went into DC offset - and shot out a nice spurt of DC - which would just push the woofer out and melt the voice coil in place.  Awful.