Quad ESL 63's worth repair?

I've got two freinds with some serious "crackling sounds" coming out of their Quad's diaphragms. The crackling becomes worse with humid weather. On the first friends set,one diaphragm was repaired a year and a half ago and is now starting to fail again,along with the other speakers diaphragm. My other friend is having problems with his set and has unplugged them to be repaired. They are both hesitant (can you blame them?) to have any further repairs done. Let me tell you these guys are BUMMED! It seems a shame that such a great speaker should sit unused! Has anyone had any luck with repairing the quad ESL 63's diaphragms ? Any recommendations as to the wherabouts of a quality repair shop?
davej857
The best place I know of is QS&D in Fredricksburg, Virginia. Ask for Randy Stringer. I had a number of repairs there. The problem is that there is more than one panel inside the Quads and when one goes it is likely that the others may not be far behind. Also when you go there thay have a few upgrades that may be more efficient in protecting and improving the speaker. If you love the sound of the ESL 63 then it is worth it. As someone said, they do a lot of things right.

Steve
I looked for ESL 63s for a number of years on the used market...my experience was that when one speaker had been repaired and the other not, or two speakers had been repaired at different times...the speakers sounded different from each other. I don't know if this is an issue with Quads today...I finally bought one of the last new pairs of US Monitors sold in the US. Check with QS&D...they are knowledgeable, experienced, and reliable.
Good Luck!
In addition to Randy at QS&D, you might talk to Ben Openshaw, aka The Electrostatic Doctor. He works on all kinds of electrostats (he even rebuilt some old Dayton-Wrights). His number is (208) 535-1302. At least visit his site at www.electrostaticdoc.com, and check out his "Home Remedies" page.