Quad ESL 63's-Can they play rock music?

A business accquaintance I deal with approached me today completely by surprise and mentioned he had a pair of Quad 63 ESL's that he wanted to sell me for $200!
I took a walk to the back of his office and sure enough there they were.
He mentioned to me that the speakers needed repaired at a cost of $600 from what Quad told him and he already purchased another set of speakers.
It would be my responsibilty to box, ship and deal directly with Quad.
A few things...
I guess first of all, is this a good deal?
Secondly, I do listen to a lot of different music, but I certainly enjoy my rock music and I'm concerned about the lack of a bottom end that these speakers are rumored(?) to have as one of their traits.
This is the speaker that got me involved in this crazy hobby as a teenager and I've always had a desire to own a pair...but are they the right speaker for me?
Your thoughts please.
Cary 303/Rogue 66 Magnum/Odyssey Stratos

Thank You!
greh
I've owned two different pairs of QUAD 63's and a pair of QUAD 57's and I loved all three sets , and played a lot of rock on all of them. After all, even AC/DC has a midrange.
Actually very little rock has bass below 50Hz and the QUAD's are surprisingly good in the midbass region. QUAD's really are everything everyone says about them. You'll never regret owning a pair, even if you don't keep them. By the way, don't toe them in and do drag them out well into the room. Peter Walker's rule of thirds really works (1/3 of room length, 1/3 of room width). But, eventually, domestic unacceptability of correct placement will make you sell them. Until then you'll have a great listening experience.
I second ALL of the above. As you described them, these Quads are indeed a bargain.
You'll find solutions for whatever is needed -- and, as Seth notes, even AC/DC have midrange.
I have owned 63s, have had them modified by crosby and had occaisionally replaced panels. That being said, I have kept them for almost 20 years. Although they have some limitations, I have never heard anything that matches them. I both listen to rock music and play electric guitar. Although the quads won't play shatteringly loud they are certainly reasonably loud. If you need louder get a powered sub and use a high pass cross over. The quads will play louder and you will get added bass. Nothing I have ever heard produces sound across the range as naturally as the Quad. It sounds like a steal to me.