Qln, Joseph Audio, Audiovector, Marten, or Canton...?

I am looking to upgrade my speakers. My amp is an NAD M10 with Dirac Live room correction, so bass response is adjustable to an extent.

For domestic tranquility they must be relatively compact with a wood finish. Floorstanders, not standmount. Budget of up to $15k-ish, but less is better.

My list consists of the following:

• Qln Prestige 3
  • Joseph Audio Perspective 2
  • Audiovector R3 Arrete
  • Marten Oscar Duo
  • Canton Reference 7K

Any and all impressions of these speakers, particularly any comparisons between them, are very much welcome. Thank you!

mrdseitzer

Showing 5 responses by thr1961

This discussion is very timely as I am also exploring many of these same speaker. I currently have Harbeth 30.2 XDS, which I really enjoy, but I remain curious as to what the next step up might be. I too am drawn to the new Joseph Audio Perspectives, but have been challenged in finding them anywhere in or near Massachusetts. The QLN 5's are also on the list and I will explore some of the other suggestions made here. I am in a budget range up to $25k and I don't have the WAF to contend with (but I do have my own sense of aesthetics that would reject, say a lemon-yellow set of Wilson's without even listening!)

Thanks for letting me tag along and listen to the great ideas being floated  

@disc — I actually began my research by reading that thread and agree it is extremely helpful. 

@gdnrbob — Thanks for the reference - I may do a local New England roadtrip first but will definitely consider checking them out. 

I remain interested in the Joseph Acoustics, but it seems as though the local dealer isn’t interested in responding to my emails or calls. They must be doing pretty well to leave sales like that on the table, but I can’t say for sure and plan to try one more time before going elsewhere. 

At the risk of taking this discussion even further off topic, I am fairly sure that there are 3 of us from Massachusetts and are all referring to the same JA dealer. After a bit of digging, I actually received an email from Jeff Joseph himself referring me to the local dealer and providing some additional details etc. 

I think the point here is that we all have choices in terms of what gear we buy and who from whom we buy it. Reviews and feedback have made it clear to me that Jeff Joseph makes excellent speakers and I imagine he would be selective in who he chooses to represent his brand. 

I plan to keep an open mind and will be listening to some Perspectives in the coming week. I will update this discussion on how it all goes. 

Quick update from my search: I spent an hour on the phone with Jeff Joseph and my local dealer talking about both the Perspectives and the Pearls. I had previously shared details on my other gear and the type of music I favor. We actually spent a fair amount of time going over photos of my room and some options for getting the best out of either model. I will be listening to the Perspectives later this week and am waiting to hear about options for hearing the Pearls. 

All in all, this has been a positive experience thus far. More details after my first listen. 

@prof -- thanks for the reply!  Your original research thread and your decision actually came up on my call with Jeff and he mentioned that you were going for the upgrade. Small world indeed.