Q Acoustics Concept 50 and Polk R700

OK, so I love the "linear sound" of Epi 100, now upgraded w Human Speakers parts.  Human makes his own line too, but the HS parts can be put into older EPI/Epicure/Genesis cabinets or even into an Advent Prodigy cabinet for a "mini tower" to achieve that justly-famous neutral, dispersive, non-fatiguing experience. Alright, so that's my background: linear, dispersive sound that still achieves excellent soundstaging.

So I have recently adventured into territory where I had never thought I would go, when I got a pair of Klipsch Heresy IV... and I've been having a lot of fun with them as they offer a fresh and dynamic experience as an alternative to my long-time love.  Yes, the music sounds different on the Heresy, and that's healthy.  The Heresy helps to clean the windows, so to speak, and rejuvenate familiar recordings.  But the Heresy are also more picky of placement than the Epicures, and they do have their own take on the sound.  All that said, now having lived with both, I believe my primary preference for the primary listening room is leaning back towards the neutral realm of reproduction.  

So, Heresy in the other room, where they'll have room to breathe and kick ass... and back to the trusty, reliable, versatile and always pleasing Epi experience, for now, as I think they are also more appropriate for my current relatively small primary listening area... and, the Epi are also not picky on placement nor seating position for that matter as they sound great even if one of 'em is in the laundry basket and I'm in the other room, lol, so ease of use - non-fussiness - is also one of my criteria.

... Until perhaps my next and probably final "upgrade" if I choose to go there. Thus, my current question:  Q Acoustics Concept 50 ... or save the money and go for the Polk R700?  If I understand correctly, they are both admirably neutral, and both have gotten excellent reviews from both critics and users, especially as bang-for-the-buck standard bearers which is a realm I rely on for most things: "underpriced" items that perform to a high standard, like the Epi 100.  The Concept 50 is about $3000 and the Polk is $2000.  I'm not willing to spend $10,000 on speakers, as I have some great speakers that please me already... but I am willing to go 3-4k for one final speaker experiment.

My amp is the Marantz Ruby and I have the Ruby cd player as well and run my other sources through the Ruby dac.  It's good enough for me, so I don't need further suggestions on the amp nor the dac nor the streamer... nor cables or interconnects, lol...  I'm only interested in speakers currently.  I'm willing to use a sub to catch the very very bottom, but I prefer to run my mains mainly full-range to respect the speakers' excellent designers... (and plus I ran the Epi 100 for many years with no sub and they have been great alone, though I have a sub now).

I know there are many many many choices and preferences out there, (but I don't need all that because I'm almost tempted to just ditch the whole quest and stick with the Epi-Human as they really are excellent and maybe excellent enough...) but for the purposes of this particular forum, I'm just wanting to focus on the choice between those two speakers for now: the Q Acoustics Concept 50 and the Polk R700.  

What are your thoughts about those two speakers? 

curtdr

I have the R600s and have only heard the Concept 50s at a show. The Polks definitely lean warmer than the Qs, and go much deeper and fuller in the bass. If you like a leaner sound I'd go Q and if you like a richer sound (or care about extension below 50hz) I'd go Polks.

I watched and read a lot about the Q 50s and they seem to have everything right from the price to the value - if only you like the design. I seriously considered them. The Polks are way cheaper which I assume implies cheaper materials? Nothing wrong with the Polk they are just not in the same league.

you can order them from amazon and crutchfield and try them out for 60 days

I should add: Polk has for sure the most confusing floor stander line-up.