Puzzling preamp problem

On some, but not all sources (CDs, records) the right channel of my system seems to overpower the left. This mainly happens in orchestral music.
What’s  puzzling is that most sources usually sound balanced between the two channels. When there is a singer or soloist the sound comes from the center. But when loud instruments (brass mainly) are in the right channel, the left channel seems to migrate to the center.
But when there’s a particular designated voice or instrument in the left channel, it’s very audible in the left speaker.  Very puzzling!
I assume it’s a preamp problem. I have a vintage Conrad-Johnson PV 11 preamp.
The situation has arisen with a variety of amplifiers so I don’t think the problem is there.
Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
I guess I’ll have to break down and get the preamp looked at.
128x128rvpiano
Channel gain is not affected by break-in. It can be affected by being broken though :)

That's because the preamp uses tube, perhaps one of them is nearing the end of its life.You should contact since I bet they know the solution.

A Jumble or Scramble Word Game is a game where a mixed up set of letters are provided and you have to unscramble the letters to find the word. Sometimes, clues are provided to help you figure out the puzzle. Other times, all you have are the jumbled letters. Jumble games involve the skill of solving anagrams.

That’s because the preamp uses tube, perhaps one of them is nearing the end of its life.You should contact since I bet they know the solution.

A Jumble  or Scramble Word Game is a game where a mixed up set of letters are provided and you have to unscramble the letters to find the word. Sometimes, clues are provided to help you figure out the puzzle. Other times, all you have are the jumble answer letters. Jumble games involve the skill of solving anagrams.

Post removed