Puritan PSM156

Hello All,

I came across this product while searching Power Conditioners. Puritan PSM156.

Does anyone have one, or, does anyone know anything about it, and how it would stand up to or even better the more popular and well known brands?
Ag insider logo xs@2xloganfan

Showing 3 responses by twinski66

Update:  I’m keeping the unit.  I don’t ordinarily buy into component break in…but this unit has transformed and/or settled in since the initial week of using it.  All of the various low level noises that I heard are now gone.  The unit is also transparent.  It does what it’s supposed to do while leaving the dynamics in tact with a blacker background.

I’ve had the PSM156 for a few days. I had a 20 amp dedicated circuit installed. Between the two…I think I prefer going directly into the wall with the dedicated circuit. The sound without the PSM156 is un-tweaked. I think the performance of the PSM156 may likely be system dependent. I can say the build and design is nice…the socket clamping force is marginally lean (could be tighter for my liking). I experienced some elevated noise with my Sony TV plugged into it. So…it may be that it’s designed for audio only not necessary AV set ups. I have 30 days to return it….albeit I just placed it into my rack I don’t know that I’m compelled to keep it. I may just get a power distribution box by Voodoo Audio…& call it a day. It may be mind over matter…but I think it’s doing something ever so slightly to the overall sound of the system and I prefer my system as is…just seeking a blacker background and the dedicated line’s come notably closer to achieving it. I barely hear any audible noise with my ear placed right against the speaker. Lumin U2 mini>Line Magnetic 32 DAC>Sugden A21SE.

@jriggy I have ‘til the 31st to return it.  I’ve plugged the unit into a 20 amp dedicated circuit socket & it sounds better to my ears (albeit subjectively so as with anyone).   I’ll continue to demo it and make a decision from there.  If I don’t keep it I don’t know if that’s reflective of the unit itself.  Likely just a personal preference based on what I’m hearing in my set up.

I can say it appears to acclimate with continued use or my ears are adjusting to what it offers through continued use.  In that regard I may be premature in my early assessment of the device.