Pure Vinyl Software

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience using this software:

http://www.channld.com/pure-vinyl.html

I am interested in purchasing vinyl as much as possible and would like to record it for playback on my iPod, etc. I have a friend who bought an Alesis Masterlink and is using that to record but I'm looking to go the software route first and would like some opinions.

I have a Plinius 9200 and a Nottingham Horizon as my source. I'm using a MacBook Pro to do the recording with an RCA t 1/4" jack. I know, not the best but I'm happy to use that as a starting point.

Thanks,

Jon
jwynacht
Jkalman,
What does the Tascam cost and where is the best place to get it ?
Thanks /Larry
The Masterlink burns at 4X, so a 40 minute LP takes about 10 minutes. It takes longer if you add DSP to the file, but I don't usually do that unless I'm getting stuff from cassette tape.

I can edit a 10 song LP in about 10 minutes. I guess I'm good at it lol. I wish the Masterlink had some kind of job/shuttle wheel that would let you move really quick through the audio. That is the only real problem I see with the Masterlink is that you have to scroll through the audio slower sometimes than I would like.
Hi

Archiving vinyl is not such a pain in the @ss. Magix Audiolab/10 will do all your 'cleaning, editing and whatever else you'd like to do.

coneflap
So I think I'm mostly sold on the Pure Vinyl software. I've got some questions though. Here's my rig:

http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs_user.pl?vstrt&1194382132&viewmine&publ

From the Plinius I've connected an RCA to 1/8" plug which goes to the audio input of my Mac Book Pro. I've done some recording with the software, cleaned things up and imported into iTunes. For what it's worth, the sound was awesome. I know it can get better though and I'm wondering what I might need to make things better.

I'm just assuming some sort of ADC but I'm still a newbie with the gear.

Advice?
You need a better interface for your Mac, like the Apogee Duet. Make sure that pure vinyl will work OK with it. Check with their customer service on what works well. The Apogee is a good choice since they are known for making great sounding pro audio gear and it's only 500 bucks. It's a firewire interface.

Did you get the problem with your RB 250 worked out?