PSVane KT150

Does anyone have any experience with PSVane KT150’s? Specifically the difference between the KT150PT or the KT150J? I also see the ART series. Looking to put them in my Octave V70 Class A and didn’t want to fry it lol. Thanks in Advance 

128x128audiosaurusrex

@technomagus 

Thanks for the response. Not sure I want to risk it after your experience. I was hoping for another KT120 on the market but it seems like the Tund-Sol is the only choice. Thank you

No problem - I’ll probably try the replacements when they arrive - I need a backup set of valves, would rather not buy Russian, and I’m currently out of pocket on customs fees and VAT!

New Sensor (Tung-Sol) came out with the KT120 around 15 years ago now. It’s a great product - I’ve uses dozens of sets by now, and still never a single problem.

Shortly thereafter, Psvane made their own KT120 copy. It didn’t go well, and was pulled from market. I remember lots of online discussion over these tubes either going bad quickly, or just causing problems from the start. And it seems every time they tried again - you get the same stories. Nobody ever rode off into the sunset with those tubes. And now they’ve copied KT150 - you couldn’t pay me enough money to stick those in one of my amps.

As far as I’m concerned Chinese tubes stop at KT88 (here at least - they’ve made some good ones, although the original Shuguang factory seems to be deceased). Why risk anything else?