PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy

Showing 5 responses by noble100

Hello ozzy,

I use a Lumin D2 in my system and think it's an excellent performer.  I use it with a 20TB Synology NAS and an iPad for wireless control using the Lumin software interface.  I believe the X-1 would perform at least as well as the D-2 and probably even better.
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with the PS Audio Direct Stream.

Tim
Hello Ozzy,

For some reason I thought you live in Michigan.  If you do, I think I have a very good and simple NAS solution for you that I bought from a local hi-end shop here in Indianapolis.  This solution requires the use of an iPad running the Lumin App to control what you play through your X1, like a huge juke box and very convenient. This is what I use with my D2 and it's awesome.  Please let me know.

Tim
ozzy,

just answered your pm but forgot you already bought the Lumin X1.  But I think you can still get the same deal with just buying the Synology and drives through them.  They offer excellent service as well.

Tim

Hello ozzy,
      I do the same thing as three_easy_payments with my D2, leave it on 24/7 and it's set to 'sleep' after 15 minutes. 
      I use mine with a 20 TB Synology storage unit, using an iPad as the GUI, and with all 3 devices wirelessly connected to my wi-fi.  I like the Lumin app with its mega data and configurable sortation options including the resolution of each track playing.  It's only frozen up on me once in the almost 5 months I've been using it and this was easily rectified by just shutting the 3 units off and then back on to reset them.
     My only complaint thus far is I wish the letters for alpha quick access, with the letters displayed vertically down the right side of the iPad display/remote, were a bit larger; it's hard to select accurately without using a small stylus.
     Ozzy, are you using an iPad as a remote?

Tim
Hey ozzy,

Cool, Samsung 10.1s are very nice. excellent picture quality with a very responsive touchscreen.