PS Audio PWD MkII vs W4S DAC2

Has anyone done a comparo between these two DAC's. Love my W4S Dac2 but if the PWD MkII is a big step up, I might get the itch. Most interested in coax connection; less in USB.

Thanks.

Neal
nglazer
Erikminer:

I also own the PWD2 using a CAL Audio Cl-10 cd changer as my main source and I agree with you about the long break-in period, but I think it is more like 500 hours or more running it 24/7.

Also what is the source of your information that states that the five PWD2 filters are not as stated by PSA in the users' manual? As you can guess, I am primarily concerned about using the filters for low-res 44.1khz playback as the same five filters maybe applied differently (sound better) at other sample rates!
The filter settings reported above are documented on the PSA forum.

My study of the issue agrees with the above, and I've concluded that the auto setting gives you filter 3 (minimum phase soft knee) for 44.1, and filter 1 (linear phase soft knee) for higher res than 44.1.
So this thread has been inactive for a while. I replaced the stock fuse in perfect wave transport and it is a game changer. It improved everything. Synergistic red was the fuse I am using.
Kedoades

I have the perfect wave transport and would like to change out the fuse-how did you go about opening the case to get to the fuse?