PS Audio PP300 works great, but......

Seasons greetings. I hooked up my brand new PP300 last night. If I listen critically and technically, I can clearly state that it does EVERYTHING they say it does. Much blacker background, Much tighter bass, Much greater detail and instrument space. However, even though all of these things are done better than I ever imagined, I find the music to be less involving. Has anybody else had this experience? Will it get better with break-in? I don't want to give up all of these benefits, but I want my musicality back. FYI: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK5i, BAT VK500, Dynaudio Confidence 5.
metaphysics

Showing 1 response by deano

Sounds to me that you have (1) a very high resolution system (2) a good pair of ears (3) know what real music sounds like. I too wanted the PS Audio 300 to be the answer to all the problems associated with AC power. I've been chasing down those AC gremlins before it was fashionable. Consider the following-Double Tice Power Blocks with Double Titans and Micro Block.Pac-Idos.Power Wedge.The original plastic cased MIT Z-Stabilizer.Chang Lightspeed.VPI Bricks.Cable Jackets.Versalab IEC Wood Blocks,Red Rollers, Split Rollers, Flat Rollers.Marigo Apparition (two different incarnations) with Reference Power Center.Bybee Pro wood case line conditioner with AC Chargers on every component.TG Audio power strip.PS Audio 300 (two of them)Audio Prism Quietline Parallel Line Shunt Filters,Noise Sniffer,Power Foundation 3,Waveguides.Honest to goodness it just blows my mind that I have owned and paid for all the above products(except the MIT Z-Stabilizer and the two PS Audio 300's which I returned for refunds) Power cords have been Cardas,Synergistic Research,Audioquest,Grace,Marigo,TG Audio,Silver Audio. As you can see my experience into power conditioning is extensive.Power cords so-so.I even convinced my power company to change out the transformer kettle servicing my house after an oscilloscope check showed the sine wave peaks were flattened from an undersized transformer.Before I end up boring you all to death with my stories let me get to the point.The PS Audio made a difference in my system just like all the above things did...but it didn't get me closer to the music. So what does do you say? I'll tell ya-Equi=tech 2Q Line Balancer,Quantum Symphony Pro and Omega Micro Active power cords. My advice is to first buy an Equi=Tech.These people invented the balanced power design and know it best.Furman copied it and makes it for CinePro.The Equi=Tech is simply incredable.You can make such a giant leap in the right direction by purchasing the Equi=Tech first.There are used ones out on the AudioShopper as I write this but my only experience is with the model 2Q.Yes I know..the Quantum got only luke warm reviews but then I always let my own ears tell me what is right.The Omega Micro power cords? Tweaky and expensive but worth every cent. So there you are,just my opinion...but I must say that it didn't come easy or cheap.My system FYI. Altis CDT-3 transport//Dodson DA-217 Mark II D//Sonic Frontiers Line 3//Manley 300B Retros//JM Lab Mini Utopias//Omega Micro Active digital cable//Mapleshade Clearview Double Helix interconnect//Mapleshade Clearview Golden Helix speaker cable//Walker Audio High Definition Links//Walker Audio Valid Points//Bob Regal feet//Rosinante' Dark Matter//Argent Room Lenses//Zoethecus equipment stands.Thanks and good luck..Deano