PS Audio IRSV selling

Paul McGowan is selling his Infinity IRSV speakers for $70,000  Any takers?

https://youtu.be/1OdkRiwmYbE

128x128fertguy

I don't agree with the thought that these vintage speakers.  They are vintage cabinets.  The woofers and their amps are modern so are the crossovers.

The EMIM's were updated with modern versions of the diaphragms by Corydon Johnson and the EMITs have replacement diaphragms (and I assume updated magnets).

I never listened to Paul's updated ones but I have listened to some originals and they are amazing.

I heard the PS Audio IRSs on a visit to Boulder about 5 years ago. They were as expected, an immense soundstage, great dynamics, and huge presence. Line arrays in general are not my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed these historic and quite grand speakers.

I brought a 30-something year old, non-audiophile colleague with me to the demo. He asked one of the best questions I’ve ever heard in a demo, “how does it know where to put the voices and instruments?” I found this to be a fascinating question and one that ignited a good deal of explanation (to the best of my ability!)

Paul McGowan, Arnie Nudell, and the mighty Infiniity Reference Standards are integral parts of our audiophile history.