PS Audio BHK 250 Power Amp owners?

I am considering some upgrades to my system, planning to go with a set of Magnepans and the right amp to drive them.

Reading about various powerful amps to drive Magnepans as they need, I am curious about the BHK250, which is hybrid amp with tube input stage and then a transistor output stage.  Being designed by Bascom King, it must be at least very good, if not excellent.  Instead of a Krell or Levinson or Pass amp I am thinking that a hybrid BHK amp might do the imaging part better than straight solid state while still supplying enough juice for the Magnepans.

So I would like to ask if any users here have or have had the BHK250, how you liked it, what speakers you drove with it.  And if you got rid of it, what were the main reasons.  

troidelover1499

Showing 1 response by stunami

Sanders Magtech are made for Maggies.  I've had Magtechs on 3.7, 3.7i, and 20.7.   Hard to beat that synergy.  I no longer have Maggies but I kept a Magtech on my Revel 328BE and it's staying there.   I've never heard/read a Maggie owner say anything to what you may have read.  They are loved once they are on a correctly setup pair of planars. There is 30-day in-home trial and I got a lifetime warranty, don't know who's lifetime however.