Ps audio aspen FR 30 Loudspeakers

Having bought several upper end products from p.s audio in the past such as their flagship dac   Parts quality inside were Average at best.   I am looking at New Loudspeakers and having over 40 years in audio and owning a Audio Store  to me a 🚩 flag is when you won’t should the Critical Xover inside which is the ♥️ orthe 🧠 of the speaker ,  at $28,500   The speaker should be shown inside and out , and if a company uses the term proprietary drivers or Xover parts ,that means nothing special I except the lofty $$ price tag.  Having modded Loudspeakers for myself and others for over 20 years ,know first hand most mags  take many cost cutting short cuts . It’s up to the mfg to Prove to the buyer they are worthy,Especially a totally new item , they specialize in electronics ,Not Loudspeakers .  Unless you can see everything about the drivers, and Xover and parts quality ,then most likely parts are made in China or close to it ,in reality less then $8k into the total build ,  look at a Wilson Sabrina ,Magico, B&W , they all disclose their build designs . Just ge careful, if you can’t see all your answers, they buy with ⚠️ Caution ⚠️ 

128x128audioman58
Post removed 

I don't believe most any "audiophile" company are using quality parts.  There are few that use the finest in speakers in crossovers which need fast response such as Audio Note, Audyn, Dueland, Mundorf, Goertz, Jantzen and others.  The PCB boards are garbage for most also.  GR-Research has made the high end look like a mockery of slap together products.  PS Audio is the same.  Margins are the only interest and product ingenuity has stalled in audio with rare exception.  Drivers are already made, or to order, crossovers are the worst of the worst and advancements in active systems is almost dead save companies such as ATC and few others.  Sadly, PS Audio is a failure in high fidelity as it is in for maximizing profits.

No Infinity IRS Servo Static, no Dayton Wright, no Sony & Yamaha VFET and the Yamaha Monitors and all that there was in the 1970s to 1990s with some of the best engineering ever.  Clueless audiophiles know so little about physics and turntable platter flywheel effect and the B&K paper facts that PROVE that the DD were vastly superior but some only see with their eyes and not their mind that we are in a time of fools making audio into an expensive way to part with the fools money.  Innovation and the middle class were driving forces and demand was high.  Now it is the money and money and money.  Thank god for the DIY groups and a handful of innovators left.

My 2 cents about PS Audio.

Absolutely love my Stellar phono pre-amp, but returned both the BHK signature preamp and the perfect wave CD transport. So much for synergy lol.