Proportional Allocation to Total System

Dear fellow audiophile/music lover, We all know the fact that the audio system is serial chain and the rule of the game is simple. Minimize the loss and unwelcome addition. I believe your contribution here will help other audiophile/music lover. Could you divide your total system (primary chain only) by following categories and state the percentage of money allocation? 1) Total MSRP of your system 2) Source 3) Pre-amp 4) Power-amp 5) Inter connect 6) Speaker cable 7) Speakers 8) Others. Would you also state which link is most important and why? My Current system: 1) $9200 2) 10.87% 3) 16.3% 4) 16.3% 5) 4.35% 6) 8.7% 7) 32.61% 8) 10.87% My own observations: 1) Equal amount on source and others. 2) Equal amount on amplification and speakers. I think speaker cables are subject to most loss if you don’t allocate sufficient amount. I’ve tested single and double run of Kimber 8TC on ten different systems and always able to hear big difference.
sk

Showing 1 response by sol322

1- 7500 2-11% 3-14% 4-17% 5-7% 6-6% 7-36% 8-8% This is how currently it breaks down. As you have found my experience with speaker cables outweights interconnect changes case in point I went higher (it was first) upgrading interconnects and the differences were subtle, speaker cable did a major difference. In general we´re close with my heaviest investment at present in speakers. My source is for upgrading when digital format dust settles up and my amp is next. Besides the breakdown I agree with turntablemind on basics right i.e. power grounding and specially vibration control on components, this set up variables have been very important in improving total chain quality output that currently I have a match in general to friends systems costing much more. Regards