Progressive Scan? Need Advice

I am in the process of upgrading my HT system.I currently have a pretty basic Pioneer DVD player(DV333)I am considering the Pioneer Elite DV37.I have a 36 inch Toshiba(tube)monitor.Would the DV37 be overkill in terms of features I couldn't even use.My HT reciver is a very high end Marantz with DTS and Dolby digital.I a little confused at what progressive scan is.Any help would be appreciated.Thank You-Happy Holidays, John
krelldog

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

John:

Using a DVD Player like the Pioneer Elite DV-37 will not be considered overkill by using it with the 36-Inch Toshiba Television like you are talking about. I have a DV-37 myself (which is now hooked up to my audio system (a KEF Reference 102/Adcom GFA-545 MkII/Adcom GFP-750/MIT system) and being used as a CD Player (and a damned good sounding one too)), and before moving it out of my home theater and connecting it to my audio system a few weeks ago, it was used as a DVD Player for the last seven months. And it was connected to a Panasonic CT-27SF37 27-Inch Television. I have gotten nothing but great results when I was using the Panasonic CT-27SF37/Pioneer Elite DV-37 tandem. That was a great combination if you ask me. The picture quality from my "Panny" has never been better. So, if it can work flawlessly with my 27-Inch Panasonic, then I don't think there will be any problems with the DV-37 when it is hooked up to your 36-Inch Toshiba. Combine the Toshiba Television and the Pioneer Elite DV-37 DVD Player with the Marantz Receiver you are talking about, then you will already be on the road to having a killer home theater system.

Good Luck.......

--Charles--