Progressive Rock

Have any of you specifically built your system to listen to progressive rock, i.e. Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc.? I'm curious because I have, and was wondering what components you have found that lend themselves well to this particular type of music. The reason I asks is that I attended the Home Entertainment show last month in NYC. And not one of the rooms I visited were playing rock of any kind - and they did not seem receptive to taking request - especially at the volume I would need to hear before plunking down oh say $12,000 for a pair of speakers. Any incite you care to share is appreciated. Thanks, Matt...
yes9

Showing 2 responses by jval197

Listen to lots of prog on my system. Since I'm going to see the Flower Kings this weekend been playing lots of stuff with Roine Stolt. This type of music has never sounded so enjoyable since I got a tube amp!
I agree with driver, it really does come down to personal taste. My system is light in the bass department but I accept that tradeoff for the huge soundstage and incredible mids I get from my Dunlavy/PrimaLuna combo. The Krell I used to use had more bass but I find myself listening to more music now than I used to because the krell tended to make average cd's(many prog) sound bright. I find myself putting on an album and listening to the whole thing now. I guess that must mean I enjoy what I have.