Problems with Parasound AVC 1800

I've bought an used AVC1800. Diring DD/DTS playback there is
a buzzing (not ground AC)sound from all channels except the center that is noticeable on 0dB and over volume.
Parasound sent me a new DSP card. It did not solve the problem. There are also some pops between tracks with the CD
playback. Does anybody have the same problems?
I'm going to ship the unit to Parasound for service.
eugeb

Showing 3 responses by eugeb

I have received an exchange unit from Parasound and it still all the same. If I can live with poppings between CD tracks (some more expensive AV controllers do the same), but the digital noise from the front channels during DD/DTS playback is unbearable for me. Is this problem common for all AVC 1800 or there is something wrong with my setup?
Thanks,
Eugene
Yes, Sean.
I use a digital coax since my old Toshiba DVD player has only a coax output. I've just received the second unit from
Parasound and it is still the same. It is a distinct digital sound from front/surround speakers during DD/DTS playback at the volume level close to 0 dB and higher.
Thanks,
Eugene
Thanks for the detailed response, Sean. I still have two questions.
How to trim the digital input? According to AVC-1800 manual there is only the analog input level adjustment. I’ve tried to use it for the digital and it did not work. There are temporary trimmings
for individual channels. Is that what you mean?
How to disable a transistor? Is it on the DSP card? I am not a stranger to fix boards down to the component level.
Thanks.