Proac Original Response 2 VS Response 3

I own the original Response 2 and using the R2 Target stands. For the $ I put out for these British Classic Monitors I'm very happy but they do seem a bit thin and harsh/forward at times. Has anyone experienced this.

I have found a pair of Response 3 has anyone compared them..can the 3's image like the little brothers and give you the bottom end. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds unless you spend some serious bucks. Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade.
weaudiocables
RLF;
My friend is trading his 3.8,s for D-80,s and i'm trading my 3.5,s for his 3.8's. any thoughts? Just how good are the new D-80,s?
Thanks, Mike
Sailormike,

IMO the 3.8 is better in every regard than the 3.5. Not only is the bass better but the 3.8 has a more refined midrange and upper end. I owned the 3.5 for 3 years before upgrading to the 3.8 which I owned for 5 years. Definitely worth the upgrade. The D80 is in a different league altogether with a significantly better bottom end, more detail, but with a warmer midrange and cleaner top end. Really magnificent sound with Audio Research tubed amp and preamp. A must audition speaker for anyone looking in that price range.
Definitely worth the upgrade! I have owned R2s, R3s and have just got myself R3.8s. I agree with the R2s sounding a bit thin, though you can forgive them when everything is so well imaged. The soundstage developed by R3s is huge and liquid-like in comparison. You don't quite get the pin-point imaging of the R2s but the whole of the music meshes together far more coherently (and realistically) with the R3s.

R3.8s are a totally different beast again and lose a bit of magic of the earlier polyprop cone designs. If you have enjoyed R2s then R3s will be the best of both worlds (and a bit of a new one too).