proac d25 vs totem Mani 2

Hello,
I am looking for a pair of musical speakers for a small room. My budget is around $1800, I have looked around and found there is a very good candidate: Totem Mani 2. This pair has already got a lot of rave reviews on Internet. However, recently, I found another candidate, that is Proac D25, which I can get with much lower price than the Mani 2. I wonder if the Proac is much sonically and musically inferior to the Mani? Anyone happen to hear both of the speakers please share some of your experience.
Thank you.
Huy.
Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147

Showing 1 response by quanghuy147

Thank you very much for all of your replies, they are valuable to me.I have just been in hi end audio for some years and don’t have chance to listen to many speakers. I have always wish to have a pair of small speakers, which is small to medium size (because my room is small: 10ft x 10ft) , what I look for in the speaker is musicality and neutrality. I usually listen to low volume. I am now having a pair of Kef 101, very musical but the seperation in instruments seems not to be good.

Because you say Totem Mani 2 is difficult to drive and there are better ones for the range of $2000, could you please suggest some pairs for me?

Is Harbeth C7es3 a good candidate?

To Jerry:My taste of music is vocal, jazz and classical. I have just sold my tube amp Cayin A50T so right now I don't have any amp. Thank you for your offer, I will contact you when I decide to go with Mani 2.

Thank you!
Huy.