pro-ject cd box rs2 vs jays audio cd2 mk3

I have been following a lot of posts here , but I have not read of any comparisons as of the 2 transports . I am on the fence about the 2 transports as it does not seem that there is to many choices in that price range. I can purchase both transports for about the same price . any body compare them yet or have any other thoughts . thanks
kully560

Showing 7 responses by kully560

thanks for the reply . what bothers me is jays uses nos drives that are being discontinued ! so he is going to stock up on them I guess until he runs out and come out with a new model. but the reviews state the new cd2 mk3 jays is better than the cd2 mk2 transport. the philip drive he uses I read is reliable. he does use very high quality parts and a 1 year warranty vs 2 year project . on his site it says the cd drive can be change by the owner if it goes bad , but if it is no longer in stock what do people do junk it! the project has a switching power supply that is crap in my opinion like you said. but there is a linear power supply that is a upgrade for this transport but the price starts climbing upward again. 
thanks Teajay, I read the pro-ject was better than the jays cd2 -mk2 on your review on here but I guess the big question is how does the mk3 compared to the pro-ject .my thoughts are, it can go either way but probably close. they are both all most the same price give or take a few dollars . jays uses good caps , power supply etc but the drive is nos as it is discontinued but I guess all drives live out there day.  now with the pro-ject it will give me down the road if I chose to upgrade the power supply for better performance . that could be something to look forward to once I get use to the pro-ject and it settles in to my mind . just another toy to look forward to buying.
I know what a dvd player sound like in a system ! as far as power cords go I bought to many and built to many to not hear a difference!!!
so you are saying I can install any philips drive in the transport or just the one type that is in the transport now?
replacing transports is above my pay grade. is it plug and play if so that is fine . I have built speaker crossovers , cables , power cables etc but never looked into replacing cd drives . may need to study about this !
thank you for the help bigkidz , I read teajays, yours, and others on these different transports I knew the project was better than jays mk2 but no results for the mk3 version. I really was not to keen on nos drives like he uses for maybe a repair down the road. I also look at the weight of the 2 the mk3 is 33 lbs and the project is like 6.6 lbs . the jays mk3 needs a lot of electronics [filters]to compete with a transport with an out board power supply . sometimes simple is better! I will be ordering tomorrow if in stock, he is supposed to let me know as this was a holiday weekend . thanks again for all the replys. 
he is checking  for me on stock tomorrow . I am looking for silver and he said he just ordered a silver one for somebody that was in stock was it you. how long did it take to receive it after placing the order? and how does it sound??