Primare I30 and B&W 803D, enough power??

I am putting together a new system, going with a set of 803Ds bought from another audiogoner, and I am now looking into a integrated amp or separates, looking to spend around 1500-2000. I am reading very good reviews of the I30, but, on the other hand, many people mention that the 800 series are "power hungry" and many suggest 400 watt monoblocks for them....despite having a 90db sensitivity. Will I be fine with 100 watts (180 @ 4 ohms) for them? I am not looking to get ear bleeding levels, I dont crank it up since I live on an apartment and listening room is only 20 m2. My other idea is to go with some rotel power amps (1080 or 1090) but I think that the Primare will be in another league, sonically speaking.
Thanks in advance
demianm

Showing 2 responses by gslone

Rotel is good, but the "dual mono" Primare I30 is in another league, and will not have a problem driving the B&W 803D's in your apartment.. Low to mid level listening will be much better with the Primare I30. 400 watt mono blocks are not necessary for B&W 803D's in your apartment. In your apartment, my choice would be something solid state with very large power supply, and is class A with 100 watts per side... low to mid level listening does not get any better with this type of amp...IMO, anyway.
Demianm: a Coda CSI integrated will do a real good job with your 803's, but you'll have to go over your budget just a little. There's one for sale here -check it out. I have nothing to do with the sale and I don't know the person selling it.