Primaluna?

I’m thinking about giving a full tube setup a go and Primaluna in particular.  Looking to hear people’s experiences with Primaluna in general. My main draw to them outside of tubes is there auto bias and protective features.  Wondering if people generally replace a single bad tube or if people are replacing all tubes of that type when there’s a failure.  Also would be interested if there were any other companies with at least a similar protective feature. The auto bias sounds great but the protective features are a bigger deal to me.  

brylandgoodman

Showing 1 response by scratchback2001

I've had a Primaluna HP 8 tube integrated amp for 5 years now and I love it. Its the best amp I've ever owned. The stock EL34 tubes are beautiful and the auto bias and safety features are world class. It's all point to point wiring and the attention to detail is 1st class. Yes there are other tube amps out there but with all aspects of the amp being monitored with offset killers and toroidal transformers for power and  speakers, each channel it's whisper quiet. It's plug and play and with auto bias, there is no crossover distortion and no bias checking every month. I can't fault this amp. The amount of people who use it as a reference amp is ridiculous.....it's that good. Cheers, Andrew Peter Collins, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.