Primaluna EVO 300 Integrated or Separates?

Hello,

I am looking for advice on an age old question: separates or integrated. I currently use an Audible Illusion 3A with a factory upgraded Audio Prism Debut II amplifier (4 - EL 34s @ 35 watts per channel) and home built versions of the Swan Allure speakers (93 dB efficient).

With speakers that efficient, should I expect to hear much loss in scale or dynamics going with the EV0 300 integrated or Dialogue Premium integrated, as opposed to separates? Should I expect a lost of resolution with an integrated amp? Has anyone specifically auditioned a Primaluna integrated against separates on efficient speakers? 

The choice for me is not strictly about cost. I would do the upgrade to an integrated now. With separates, I would upgrade the 3A to a 3B then eventually upgrade the Debut amplifier.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Drew
drewharty
Love my Line Magnetic 845-Premium. Love it. 30 WPC driving a pair of JBL 4365s. I haven't heard their other pieces but I would imagine they sound great. I've had Primaluna separates in the past and they sounded great - super reliable and it was fun tube rolling. But alas LM has suuuuuuch an amazing 3D soundstage and mids. They're special. I wont be going back to Primaluna.
I have the Evo 300 integrated, and I feel that the preamp section of the Evo 300 is not a stellar unit, and I would have preferred a separate preamp. Live and learn.
ask a simple question and go right down the rabbit hole as always...exhausting.
Integrateds are much more cost effective. In theory separates would be better just because of the multiple chassis and power supplies. (All other things being equal, haha) Unlike the integrated, the Primaluna preamp is also tube rectified which might be important to some people.

if you know what sound you want and can get it in an integrated then that’s the most economical, clean and simple way to go. I’m just getting into separates because I don’t know yet, and I like the flexibility of running different power amps (including a Primaluna DPHP).

You could try to demo a Primaluna or Raven integrated. You might get lucky and be done.