Primaluna EVO 300 Integrated or Separates?

Hello,

I am looking for advice on an age old question: separates or integrated. I currently use an Audible Illusion 3A with a factory upgraded Audio Prism Debut II amplifier (4 - EL 34s @ 35 watts per channel) and home built versions of the Swan Allure speakers (93 dB efficient).

With speakers that efficient, should I expect to hear much loss in scale or dynamics going with the EV0 300 integrated or Dialogue Premium integrated, as opposed to separates? Should I expect a lost of resolution with an integrated amp? Has anyone specifically auditioned a Primaluna integrated against separates on efficient speakers? 

The choice for me is not strictly about cost. I would do the upgrade to an integrated now. With separates, I would upgrade the 3A to a 3B then eventually upgrade the Debut amplifier.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Drew
drewharty

Showing 2 responses by facten

Just another recommendation for taking a look at Line Magnetic. I have had the 518 IA (845 based 22wpc) for 4 years, zero service issues, well built, very good sounding especially with some tube rolling. Also, Jonathan Halpern of Tone Imports is very easy to interact with.