Primaluna EVO 300 Integrated or Separates?

Hello,

I am looking for advice on an age old question: separates or integrated. I currently use an Audible Illusion 3A with a factory upgraded Audio Prism Debut II amplifier (4 - EL 34s @ 35 watts per channel) and home built versions of the Swan Allure speakers (93 dB efficient).

With speakers that efficient, should I expect to hear much loss in scale or dynamics going with the EV0 300 integrated or Dialogue Premium integrated, as opposed to separates? Should I expect a lost of resolution with an integrated amp? Has anyone specifically auditioned a Primaluna integrated against separates on efficient speakers? 

The choice for me is not strictly about cost. I would do the upgrade to an integrated now. With separates, I would upgrade the 3A to a 3B then eventually upgrade the Debut amplifier.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,
Drew
drewharty

Showing 1 response by audioconnection

For best performance, separates outperform integrated amps For keeping it neat why not take it a step further since The Audible illusions are a great preamp matching with The Quicksilver Monos you can just run a low cap longer interconnect, place each amp near your speakers with short speaker wire. We have done many shootouts with prima lune.
The Made in the USA Quicksilvers are point to point wired, have great output transformers, simply stated that’s what makes great performance, add-in unrivaled trouble-free operation, easy to access ph support and you will be too busy enjoying music and telling others this way without having to ask. JohnnyR