PrimaLuna dialogue hp

Hi all . This is first time for me on this site. Thank you very much for any information. I have a question to need help from our community. Should I buy a PrimaLuna dialogue hp integrated that 10 years old ( of course that’s used) on usaudiomart  . I heard that reliable but that’s too old ? Thank you for any information about that amp 

lamluu

I owned a PrimaLuna HP Dialogue integrated amp.   It was excellent, but not a good match for my speakers.   The amp was very well built and as long as it was well cared for, you should be fine with a 10 year old model.   Kevin Deal (Upscale Audio) in LA is the importer.   I found them to be very helpful.

On another note, tube rolling is very rewarding as you can change the sound and characteristics of the amp to suite your tastes.

Good Luck!

I have 20 year old Atma-Sphere amps. While not quite as good as the current model they are nearly there. Tube technology has not changed all that much so if it's a well build component you should be fine. It is worth having it serviced early on though to ensure all the tubes are to spec and they no other electronic parts need to be serviced. 

the HP amp should be fine. Before you buy would suggest having a look inside (or have seller snap a few photos and send to you) and make sure the amp has the green fuse holders mounted on the chassis inside. The earliest versions did not have these fuses and relied only on the relay to open if a tube shorts.  If a tube has a short, over time it will take out the relay on the bias board, and you'll have to replace the whole bias board.