I've had the Dialogue Premium integrated for over 5 years and have absolutely loved it.  First tube amp I ever owned.  I tried the KT120 tubes but eventually switched back to the EL34s, which just sound so damn good.

I thought this was going to be my "forever amp", but I find myself wanting to be able to listen to headphones, and the lack of a line-out was occasionally annoying.

So yesterday I called Kevin Deal and ordered an EVO 400 integrated.  For the extra $$$ I'm getting about 2x more power (I think my PSB Synchrony Two speakers will appreciate that), a headphone jack and line-outs.  

I hope to have it by the weekend and I will post my first impressions.

Cheers,
TMQ

For what its worth, I have the EVO400 Integrated; now running KT150s, and Mullard tubes on the two front; it’s glorious.

Hey Rick

Can you provide a bit more insight into what the KT150s sound like in the EVO 400 integrated? I tried the KT120s in my Dialogue Premium integrated and found them to be rather harsh and fatiguing, although they did produce more "punch" than the EL34s.

Have you tried the KT120s, and if so, how do they compare to the KT150s?

Oh, and I am very jealous that you live so close to Upscale.  I live in Boston and the only thing I can say about our local hi-fi shops in New England is that they full of attitude and empty of substance.  

Thanks!
TMQ

I went through a 'hate em/love em' phase with the tubes.. at first, the KT150s gave me the punch that was missing with the EL34s...  but I lost the holographic midrange. After a few dozen hours everything balanced out nicely; the midrange still isn't as lush as the EL34S, but its 85% there... with the added dynamics and bottom end that was missing. Kevin told me a few weeks ago, and I have seen, they really need some hours on them before you can judge. I also replaced the two main input tubes with Mullards and that was a huge improvement.... the only word of warning is 8 Kt150s is basically a space heater.. no joke. a LOT of heat comes off them. This is my bedroom system, and that may in the end be the deal breaker.
Hey PL enthusiasts! I had a PL Dialogue Premium HP integrated with Focal Aria 948's for a while. The speakers didn't do it for me (i rolled lots of different tubes, but eventually could not overcome persistent brightness); Long story short, moved to Dynaudio Contour 60s, that are 4 ohm 87dB bad ass speakers that really come alive with top notch SS amps (I do think top notch tubes would also do it but that's a TON more to worry about and also more $$$); I am tossing around the idea of a Pass Labs X250.8 with a PL Evo 400 preamp. I understand that the way PL implements balanced signals is by transformers, totally cool, and the best way to drive Pass gear. I KNOW the amazingly musical and awesome potential sound from modern PL gear; Since this IS a thread about EVO stuff do you also see the synergistic potential here? Thanks!!
PrimaLuna at AXPONA, 12-14 April 2019Posted on 10/04/2019 by beheerder

Shared by Upscale Audio.

PrimaLuna’s new EVO Series of Tube Electronics will make its North American trade show debut next week at AXPONA, 12-14 April, at the Renaissance Schaumberg Hotel and Convention Center, Schaumberg, IL. PrimaLuna will unveil this innovative new product line in the Inspiration Room, on the main floor. Kevin Deal, President, and Anthony Chiarella, National Sales Manager, will be on hand to demonstrate the product and answer questions.

It has been nearly a decade since PrimaLuna has introduced an entirely refreshed product line and PrimaLuna fans will find the new EVO series shares the previous line’s DNA. The new products feature upgraded transformers and internal components, improved aesthetics (rounded faceplate edges, Roll-Top tube cages on all models, etc) and an enhanced feature set including headphone amplifiers on all integrated amplifiers and true-balanced, transformer-coupled XLR inputs and outputs on upper-end models. Just as important is what hasn’t changed, including the meticulous hand-assembly, point-to-point wiring, superlative build quality and cutting-edge Adaptive Auto-Bias (TM) circuitry upon which PrimaLuna has built its reputation.