Preamp suggestions

I am looking for a great 2 channel pre with HT bypass for dedicated stereo listening.

My current system:
Bryston 4BSST
Bryston 9BSST (5 channel)
B&W 804S
Rotel RSP-1068 surround processor

I'm looking for recommendations on a dedicated 2 channel pre with great soundstaging and imaging.

I'm open to tubes, solid whatever for $3-5K, new or used. I recently hears a Plinius 9100 in my system and the soundstage and imaging were a huge improvement over the Rotel.

Thanks,
lovebug
W4S STP-SE, don't be swayed by the low price. It is the real deal if you value transparency with musicality. Could be the best value linestage in the high-end.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I picked up an EAR 868 here and I've been extremely happy with it. I my system, I don't think I could really do much better. The image is as tall as the room and far wider than the speakers. As for musicality and detail - just WOW. It makes even lousy recording sounds decent. And great recordings just blow me away.
Hi lovebug.

I know this thread stopped a while ago, however I have a question for you.

You started by asking for a preamp with home theater bypass (which I require as well) but you say at the end that you settled on a EAR 868. I didn't think the EAR had a bypass feature. Did you just skip this feature when making your choice, or am I wrong regarding the bypass ability of the 868? Thanks, David.