Preamp recommedations for Pass Labs XA-100.5

I am wondering if any of the members can offer any suggestions regarding preamplifier choices that pair well with Pass Labs XA-100.5 monoblocks. The obvious choice would be to use one of the Pass Labs preamps but I would love to entertain suggestions of different brands as well. I plan to use balanced (XLR) interconnects. The speakers are Dali Euphonia MS4 and the source is Resolution audio Cantata music center. Opinions from members with personal experience with any of the XA series amps are welcome.
Thanks!
apdoc2004

Showing 1 response by erndog

When I got an XA30.5 I ran my source direct to the amp (it has a volume control) to bypass the highly regarded preamp I was using and I was blown away by the clarity and resolution that I was hearing. This experiment led me to look for a preamp that was as transparent as possible. My search brought me to Placette. If you are looking for a preamp that doesn't color the sound, then I would check it out. I got the active version because I understand it sounds a little better than the passive version. There is no gain in either versions, so your source would need to be adequate for this to work.