Preamp Question

I'm considering replacing my Audible Illusions M3A preamp as it seems to go through tubes regularly (every few months or so). I've tried many different tubes (Tele's, Amperex, etc) to the same effect.

Here's my system:

Audible Illusions M3A preamp
Quicksilver V4 monos
Theta Data Basic transport
California Audio Labs Alpha DAC
Avalon Arcus speakers
Acoustic Zen Silver Reference cables
dedicated circuit to listening room
Tube Traps room treatment

Anyone have thoughts on a preamp that would have synergy with my system? I've considered the Quicksilver Linestage and Airtight but am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
trailrunner1
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have a First Sound dealer in my area (Portland OR) so I'm not sure how/when I'll be able to demo it. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
bvaudio P1 without tubes hassle would be a great choice.
this preamp has it all
After all the rave reviews I have to wonder aloud if a Musial Fidelity A3cr would be a step up or a lateral move from my AI M3A.......
I would make it a point to give Stewart at Sanctuary of Sound at call in Port Orchard, WA. He is an audiogon dealer as well 360-874-1201. Not sure how far of a drive that would be, but he is a First Sound dealer. The Musical Fidelity gear is not even remotely in the same leage as the First Sound preamp. You must at least audition this preamp if you are remotely interested.

Good luck!
I have been a long time owner of an Audible Illusions 3
pre and never had the trouble you are describing. It seems that there is a problem with the circuitry, perhaps too much power is being funneled into the tubes when warming up occurs. The AI tubes are always on, a small bit of current is placed through the tubes to keep them warm. This actually extends tube life. I would call AI up, explain the problem & see if it could be fixed. The AI preamps are what gave the company the name, it shouldn't function as you described.