Preamp question: Mcintosh c500t vs Einstein mk2

I have decided to upgrade my preamp from a my integrated Rotel 1062 that I am using for the pre-out. The preamps that I am looking at is Mcintosh c500t or the Einstein mk2 "The Tube". I'd like to keep my pre under 8k used.

Some background info on my system is I use an Ayre QB-9 Dac going to a my Rotel preamp with a Mcintosh mc402 amp pushing my B&W 802D. Also my ic cables a ok but pretty entry level transparent audio, music-link level.

I am fairly new to the audio hobby about two years, but it is very addicting! I have acquired most of my equipment used on Audiogon. I use other members post and audio reviews to help research equipment since I do not have local dealers. I look forward to your opinions and advice. Thanks!
joeweiss84

Showing 1 response by allchemie

If you can get an Einstein The Tube Mark II for under $10,000 used that is in good condition I would snap it up.
It is about as good as pre-amplifiers get. The only less expensive pre-amp that is about as good is the Coincident Technology Linestage at $5,000, but the Coicident only has two inputs, so one really has to re-think their front end when using it. Either that, or constantly switch interconnects in the back of the unit.

I have an Einstein The Tube Mark II hooked up with an Einstein The Light in the Dark stereo amp with Lansche No. 5 speakers and couldn't be happier.

Greg