Preamp power supply capacitor upgrade

I recently purchased a used Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme 1.3 preamplifier. Although it sounds excellent, I’m on a quest to get it to sound as close to the Backert Labs Rhythm as I can on the cheap. I’ve already sent it back for the 1.4 circuit upgrade and I upgraded the coupling caps to V-Cap ODAM’s. I’ve also upgraded the tubes to Amperex 7316’s from several recommendations here. For reference, my amplifier is Coincident Frankenstein 300B MkII and speakers are Reference 3A Reflectors.

The Rhythm power supply uses four 0.33uf V-Cap CuTF caps which gets rather costly at $218 each. However, the TFTF caps are discounted at $104 each.

My question is, since these would be used in the power supply, would the price differential justify going with the CuTF vs the TFTF?

Ag insider logo xs@2xyowser

@atmasphere Yes, I was somewhat concerned about leakage over time but wasn't sure if it was a legitimate concern.  So, I guess that would point toward the V-Caps or Audyns as being more appropriate in the power supply.  I must say that I'm leaning towards the V-Caps as that's what Backert Labs had chosen for their Rhythm.  I understand what you previously said about the cost difference between the CuTF and TFTF being irrelevant (although $450 difference when using four is somewhat relevant to me), I just wasn't sure there would be a noticeable sonic difference when used in the power supply.

I just exchanged a few emails with Chris VenHaus and explained my dilemma.  In a nutshell, he said go with the TFTF's in the power supply which was what I wanted to hear but not confident enough in my knowledge of circuits and capacitors to decide for myself.  So I guess I'm good to go and thanks for all the replies!

Post removed