Preamp or DAC

Hello all. My system consists of the following:

Coda 16 Amp, Coda 07x preamp, Holo May KTE Dac, Aurender N20, Legacy Audio Signature SE speakers and a pair of REL 812 subs. I am considering changing either the preamp or Dac. I would like to go with tubes. Would you think I would get more sq change in changing the preamp or Dac? I am thinking Dac but I wanted to hear your opinions. Considering ARC, new Don Sachs or Aric Audio in pres and Lampizator or other in DACs. So, would the preamp or DAC make a bigger difference? I will say I have a $12k to $15k budget.

Thanks

backdoor

We are a coda and legacy dealer 

we would recommend  fully balanced tube preamp 

the Zesto leto is exceptional fully balanced neutral with a touch of warmth 

has a unique tone control sounds amazing with coda

dave and Troy

Audio intellect NJ

coda zesto and legacy dealer

@zlone thanks for that analysis of these preamps. A lot of very good preamps and DACs have been mentioned in this thread. Some of the highest regarded have been solid state but also some very good tube ones as well. I have generally considered Pass to be great amplifiers and not so great with their preamps but I am seeing many high marks for their preamps too. 

@audiotroy the Zesto is one of the tube preamps that keeps popping up along with new Sachs and Aric Audio and a few others. I need to look into the Zesto. Thanks for your input.

@backdoor It seems to be a common remark that Pass preamps are not as good as their amps. Their amps have such a stellar reputation, maybe in contrast the preamps just seem okay but compete well with others? There are so many flavors out there, you just have to find one that you like. For now, Pass is doing it in my system. As always, YMMV. 

I have a Schiit Freya+ and parasound p6 preamp now, but ready to upgrade, anybody compared these 5 preamps  CF-080, Audio Research 5,6 se, Cary-05 and Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme v1.4, all 5 are used and close to the same price (ARC 6se  much Higher). I prefer warm/color over Natural. I've never cared for streaming or Record players, so I only listen to CDs (Denon DVD-5910).  My equipment now includes McIntosh MC462, Antique Sound Lab Hurricane DT, and Parasound JC1s. My speakers are Gershman Grande Avant.