Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

Showing 8 responses by duramax747

deutscherhififan,

What color/finish did you choose?Please let us know your thoughts on its sonic performance. 

Beautiful piece. 

deutscherhififan,

You have good taste as that is what I have. Pictures of the Grange on Mick's blog do not do it justice. 

Look forward to hearing your opinion on its performance. 

deutscherhififan,

If black/Chrome is what you ordered then I stick with that choice. They are beautiful and I would not think of getting the natural wood version.

Please keep us posted

Your temporment may effect how/what you listened to with the frustration of a long awaited product not arriving as intended but with that said what are your initial impression? 

juanmanuelfangioii,

Thats why I was encouraging deutscherhififan to hold out for the black/chrome.  It's two separate chassis that are larger than the photo eludes too. 

I retrieved that photo from Mick's blog. I have one new in the box (line stage) but have noi had time to pull it out to set it up or I would have taken a photo of mine. 

deutscherhififan,

I inspected in upon receiving it and everything looked fine. I closed the box and have not been back to it.

I may take it out this weekend to take photos.