Powering on McIntosh D100 from A PC

Anyone have a suggestion for the lest complicated and expensive way to turn on the McIntosh D100 digital preamplifier from a Mac computer running OSX?

I can come up with three avenues of solution:

1. Set the unit to turn on when it senses signal from the USB input. Apparently there is an AUTO POWER OFF feature (which is default set off in US), which puts the unit into speel mode if it goes 30 minutes without signal, but will it turn the unit back on if enabled???

2. POWER CONTROL IN: connect something to this that turns the unit on from the computer

3. IR In: connect something to this that will turn the unit on from a computer
dvvilkins
In my home office i have a second setup consisting of a Marantz 7t and a VTA st-70 tube amp. I have both plugged into a remote controlled Tripp Lite power strip. I turn the computer on, and hit the remote's on button. The range and angle coverage of the sensor is pretty impressive.

Cheap but yes, you have to hit an extra button. 

Alternatively (and more expensively ) you could plug the computer into something like the Belkin Pure AV PF60 power unit. The signal from the computer powering up will send a 12v trigger to the McIntosh, or just plug the D100 into one of switched outlets and set the delay time to your liking. Piece of cake. I've had this Belkin unit forever and its been extremely convenient and reliable.