powercords

I certainly have, personally, experienced the improvement power cords can make on amplifiers...how about their value on other items, such as preamps with external powersuppies, and phono preamps....I know better than to apply layperson logic, which doesn't always work in audio, but it would seem that items that draw less "juice" would be less prone to changes in power cords....thoughts welcomed, but experience more interesting to me.....thanks
J
128x128jw944ts

Showing 12 responses by jw944ts

why cant you guys just get along, be mature, and refrain from argument ad hominem.....

Chuck, respectfully, what difference did you note when you did your turntable experiment?
also, if the notion of low draw items need less "gauge" is true, what cord would you think would be good for the Herron?  Keith, of course, says he just uses the stock....

@williewonka , thank you for the thoughtful and detail note....seems like at the end of the day, one can never really know without trying, as logic , again, doesn't seem to apply to our hobby....
@williewonka in your experience have you found any difference in the optimum power cords for digital front end v analog?
@williewonka , I remain appreciative of your time....there a some In-Akustik on US Audio Mart, that will hopefully be there when I am ready to purchase, as I await my new phono preamp
This is and will continue to be a never ending debate. You ask some good questions , all of which have been discussed ad nauseum ....my perspective is that , in the end, this hobby is about giving us pleasure inits pursuit and experience. We all, I think, have learned that measurements, science and logic have yet to explain all we perceive. There is no right and wrong , to me.  I have heard differences, but will never audition multiple cables.  I often use my experience and research to make choices. In the end I am happy, and that works for me....enjoy
@scar972 , there is logic to that, though we know that doesn’t always apply in audio.... source is critical, as well as their power supplies. Amps usually have robust power supplies, though a terrible cord can surely limit them. Source tend to have smaller supplies, as well as the fact that they are the beginning....
I like where this is going, and look forward to @lostinseattle follow up on his testing...I credit the dedication to do and share this