Power strip question

Ok, so this may seem off the wall.  I am a professional guitar player and my best friend and roommate is a hardcore audiophile.  Long story short I used one of his power cords to plug my Marshall into the power and noticed an immediate change in the sound of the amp.  To my somewhat horror I realized that I am going to have to do a serious upgrade in power cords, patch cord connectors, etc which I've done largely by using Mogami cords for my effects and guitar which are a substantial upgrade that will do for now.  I purchased my roommates used power cords when he upgraded his for his sound system.  

I need to get a power strip or multi-plug station that plugs into a traditional electrical outlet.  While gigging I have to use what electrical is available.  Since I am an extreme neophyte I don't even know where to begin so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
R
bukirob
Post removed 
Ditto millercarbon's remarks.
I sold gear for a couple of years in New York at Harvey Electronics. I'll bet that name perks up a few ears.
Back then (80's) I worked the sales floor with a guy named Henry Yee. If you know instrument amps, you probably know Henry's name. Henry made a lot selling audio, but was busy beavering away on instruments with some pretty famous musicians. If Henry could change the sound of your guitar with a switch of components, why would one assume that a change of cable would accomplish nothing, plus/minus?
Go for it!
@listenerm 
Im looking for something that is going to clean up the noise off a bar electrical outlet and provide surge protection.  I play on very high-end vintage amps (Marshalls), effect pedals, and guitars... I want a CLEAN electric signal.
One of the wisest people on this forum, @almarg, suggested this one -- https://www.newark.com/legrand-wiremold/ul210bc/power-outlet-strip-10-outlet-15a/dp/95F1277

Al has an extensive education in engineering and is a longtime audiophile.
Hilde45
On that very suggestion from Al I bought two of them.
Very well built, nice and compact( if that matters on stage?).
Should hold up to gigging fairly well I would have thought.