Power for Thiel 7.2

Would two (2) Classe Ca 301 in mono mode be enough (600 w at 8 and 1200 at 4) or a single Krell stereo mode at 400 w channel 8 ohm 800 4 ohm.
Which way to go?
mobe
Mobe,

Nice speakers! I use Mac 501's with 3.6's with excellent results. I would strongly recommend you upgrade your cables from 330 shotgun to oracle or 350 evo shotgun. The difference is not subtle, I have used many mits in the past including 330 shotgun, now I use 350 reference and 350 shotgun evo. More of everything in spades. Some cable companies have a best bang for the buck in the middle to top/middle of the line but from my experience the higher up the chain with MIT the difference is huge.
I suggest monoblock BEL 1001s or Theta Dreadnoughts. Both will be excellent with your speakers.
Hello all.

This is exactly my question in fact... Recently purchased a pair of 7.2 to replace my Maggie 3.6

My ML 27 suddenly blew one channel.

Desperate to replace with a new amp, budget will only allow me either MC402 or Pass X250.5.

What's the experience with either please? Would MC402 be too slow if run with Cardas Golden reference (DV50s & ML26)? And is 250W just not enough? The anaemic 100W ML27 certainly pumped out no bass what so ever... It also lacked depth.

Sounds silly, but I won't get a chance to audition the MC402, so your input will be very much apreciated, have only heard MC402 with JMLab 927Be special edition.

Small group jazz, vocal.

Many many thanks
At the risk to appear off-track here,...I'm powering my CS6 with ARC VT100MKII and I found this a great match! Are we sure that Thiel must have Solid state infinite power amplifiers? I would consider Reference 300 as my dream. Did anyone out there share my experience?
Check out my thread, here you find some advices.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1092496560&openmine&zzLuke72&4&5#Luke72