Power/Current: How much is realistic?

Rebuilding my system, Just got a pair Martin Logan 13A, B212. Just looking for insight on how much power/ current
would be enough without going overboard and throwing $$ away. I know i am only driving the panels. Had a Krell fpb-300, 400cx, 350mcx driving M/L Oddessy Descent i. Should i go up to 600watt?  Looking for that last amp without spending a fortune on something i do not need. Thanks, Mike
fruitloopsr

Showing 1 response by mikey8811

I was always under the impression that it’s not really possible to overdrive speakers that require high current to drive like the Martin Logan’s or Dynaudio’s - at least that’s what I have been told over the years.
While you probably would not use the excess power, I was of the understanding that it imparts a greater ease to the sound because of the high reserves available. Perhaps @atmasphere can correct that if untrue.
I was a Krell user up to the FPB cx era and am now a Pass Labs X 0.8 user. The sound is pretty different so if you really like the bass slam that Krell gives you you won’t find it with the Pass Labs. You probably won’t even find it with current D’Agostino’s.