Power cords for ModWright SCD-XA5400es

I cross-posted this also in the Digital forum.

I just pulled the trigger on upgrading my stock Sony XA5400es with the ModWright mods.

For those of you that have done the mod, what type of power cords did you end up considering and ultimately using? Or did you stay with the stock cords? Are the power cords for the new separate power supply and the player the same brand/model?

TIA,
Lawrence (Closdesducs)
128x128closdesducs

Showing 4 responses by dlcockrum

Hi wig,

A good friend of mine with a MW 5400ES (tube pre, H2O class D amps, Apogee Scintillas) recommends the PS Audio AC-10 and Cullen power cords with the MW. Says that both are "clean and open sounding". I had a PS Audio LAB PC years ago, but have no memory of its sound. The Cullen PCs are relatively inexpensive so may be worth a try.

Also considering the Cerious Technologies GE PC. I read where one Agoner had Cerious make an umbilical cord that he says sounds superior to the MW Truth umbilical.

Best to you wig,
Dave

Mark - how does your Balanced AC Power Source work with the SR Powercell 10 UEF/FEQ?

yping - I will investigate the KLEIs.

Best to you both,
Dave
Thanks for the response Mark. I have been following the CPT thread and will seriously consider your products.

Best to you Mark,
Dave